The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
January 1990 Issue - 11 Articles
- The Price of Chiminelli Seeds and Regulation Q, pp. 4-7
What do aunts and uncles-and bank customers-want?
- Alaska's Other Oil Spill, pp. 8-11
Wasteful expenditure of revenues from petroleum wealth.
- The Investor as Hero, pp. 12-13
Risk-takers who absorb their own losses emerge with their dignity intact.
- The Folly of Rent Control, pp. 14-15
In New York, rent control has yielded a perpetual housing emergency.
- Lessons in Liberty: Hong Kong, "Crown Jewel" of Capitalism, pp. 16-22
Understanding the Forces that made Hong Kong what it is today.
- What We Should Teach the Eastern Europeans, pp. 23-25
How to build opportunities for self-help in eastern Europe.
- Communal Politics in India, pp. 26-27
The powerful influence of caste and religion on India's public life.
- A Room with a New View, pp. 28-29
Upward mobility in Philadelphia.
- The Coming Push for National Health Care, pp. 30-32
How best to counter renewed calls for socialized medicine in the United States.
- Readers' Forum, pp. 33-37
[+] Book Reviews (2 Reviews) , pp. 38-40
The Midnight Economist, by William R. Allen
- The Midnight Economist by William R. Allen
- Protectionism by Jagdish Bhagwati