The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
August 1989 Issue - 8 Articles
- Gray Markets and Greased Pigs, pp. 292-293
Government fights a losing battle when it grapples with the discipline of the market.
- Crime and Consequences II. the Criminal Justice System, pp. 294-304
In the second of his three-Part series, Mr. Bidinotto examines how the excuse-maker's s...
- Private Property: in Need of Historic Preservation, pp. 305-306
A restaurant owner's private property rights take a back seat to aesthetic considerations.
- Private Preservation of Wildlife: A Visit to the South African Lowveld, pp. 307-312
Lessons in private sector management of public goods.
- A Tale of Two Revolutions, pp. 313-319
The success of 1776 and the failure of 1789.
- Should We Stop Selling Real Estate to Foreigners?, p. 320
Foreign real estate investment poses no threat to American interests.
- Reader's Forum, pp. 321-322
[+] Book Reviews (3 Reviews) , pp. 323-328
Religious Thought and Economic Society, by Jacob Viner, Jacques Melitz, and Donald Winch
- Religious Thought and Economic Society by Jacob Viner, Jacques Melitz, and Donald Winch
- Time and Public Policy by T. Alexander Smith
- Memoirs of an Unregulated Economist by George J. Stigler