The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
April 1989 Issue - 13 Articles
- The Real Meaning of Tax Loopholes, pp. 132-133
Unraveling one of the great mysteries of modem politics.
- The Invisible Hand at Work, p. 134
The only way we can earn income is by providing what other people want.
- The Tide in the Affairs of Men, pp. 135-143
Charting the shifts of opinion and practice, as we move from collectivism toward freedom.
- Everyone Can Win in a Truly Competitive Market, pp. 144-145
Toward an understanding of economic competition.
- Coping with Smoking, pp. 146-147
Conflicts are inevitable when government becomes the caretaker of our health and arbite...
- Economics Has the Answer: What's the Question?, pp. 148-150
Bolstering the economic case for freedom through moral reasoning.
- Dumping: an Evil or an Opportunity?, pp. 151-152
Taking advantage of modem-day " rate wars."
- Protecting Whom form What?, pp. 153-154
When trade is restricted, everyone loses.
- The International Monetary Fund, pp. 155-160
How the IMF has been a major influence in promoting statist economic policies throughou...
- State Funding Threatens Community Groups, p. 161
What happens when the political process pinch-hits for individual choice?
- The Dam Builders, pp. 162-163
When should a dam stay on the drawing board?
- Tom Paine's Revolution, pp. 164-165
The pamphleteer who brought American colonists to their senses.
[+] Book Reviews (2 Reviews) , pp. 166-170
Faith and Freedom, by Benjamin Hart
- Faith and Freedom by Benjamin Hart
- Privatization and Development by Steve H. Hanke