The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
April 1981 Issue - 18 Articles
- Energy Ethics: A Positive Response, pp. 195-201
The purpose of energy if to do word. the most ethical energy policy is to increase the ...
- When Water Is Scarce, p. 202
Unmetered use at taxpayers' expense spells waste.
- Reformer Watching, pp. 203-206
It pays to keep an eye on those who would use government to make us better.
- Freedom and "Social-Democracy", pp. 207-209
Why economic freedom underlies all other expressions of personal choice.
- Seven Fallacies of Economics, pp. 210-213
Important reasons why the results often fail to match the plans
- Scalping and Envy, pp. 214-215
A careful look at and popular resentment against a most helpful middleman.
- The Past as Prologue, p. 216
Earlier messages on timely topics today.
- Welfare States at War, pp. 217-222
The greater the government intervention in domestic affairs the more likely the prospec...
- Do Antitrust Laws Preserve Competition?, pp. 223-224
Government regulation and control of business destroys competition and injures consumers.
- Cutting the Budget, pp. 225-228
Examining the roadblocks against those who would curtail government spending and control.
- Teachings of Soviet Experience, pp. 229-231
Solzhenitsyn's Warning to the West affords important lessons to free men everywhere.
- The Progressive Income Tax, pp. 232-243
The combination of inflation and graduated tax rates spells death to enterprise.
Labor Unions Aggravate Inflation by Lowering Wages
- Curbing productivity contributes to the impact of inflation., pp. 244-246
[+] Review Wealth of Nations in Crisis, by Ronald C. Nairn (Review) , pp. 247-249
- Wealth of Nations in Crisis by Ronald C. Nairn
[+] Review The Politicization of Society, by Kenneth S. T... (Review) , p. 250
- The Politicization of Society by Kenneth S. Templeton Jr. and R.M. Hartwell
[+] Review Fugitive Essays, by Frank Chodorov and Charles... (Review) , p. 251
- Fugitive Essays by Frank Chodorov and Charles H. Hamilton
[+] Review The Counter-Revolution of Science, by Friedric... (Review) , pp. 252-253
- The Counter-Revolution of Science by Friedrich A. Hayek
[+] Review Social Security: The Inherent Contradiction, b... (Review) , pp. 254-256
- Social Security: The Inherent Contradiction by Peter J. Ferrara