The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
April 1980 Issue - 11 Articles
- Billboards, Freedom of Speech, and Property Rights, pp. 195-199
Advertising concerns information essential to freedom in the marketplace.
- Saying No to a Snow Job, pp. 200-202
This ski area operator rejects an appeal for disaster relief.
- The Psychology of Cultism, pp. 203-209
Ben Barker, M.D., examines the cultish aspects of medicine, as related to the decline o...
- Parent Power: Can It Help Public Education?, pp. 210-217
Not managerial power but freedom of choice among competing schools is the key to improv...
- Free Enterprisers All, pp. 218-220
Business includes individuals as well as groups freely operating for profit.
- The Idea of Equality, pp. 221-226
Progress, productivity and invention stem from human diversity and variation-not equality.
- Frederic Bastiat: Harmonious Warrior, pp. 227-233
The self-Interest of individuals works through the market for peace and harmony.
- On Liberty and Liberation, pp. 234-239
In the name of liberation-not liberty-we are drawn toward oppression and slavery.
- "Undeveloped countries" need capital, which tends to move toward areas where property is respected and protected., pp. 240-251
[+] Review In Defense of Decadent Europe, by Raymond Aron (Review) , pp. 252-254
- In Defense of Decadent Europe by Raymond Aron
[+] Review Perception, Opportunity, and Profit, by Israel... (Review) , pp. 255-256
- Perception, Opportunity, and Profit by Israel M. Kirzner