The Freeman Archives
The Freeman • 56 Years, 639 Issues, 9,179 Articles, 40,767pp
May 1969 Issue - 12 Articles
- Speakman 100, pp. 259-262
How the enlightened pursuit of self-interest promotes human progress.
- Urban Renewal and the Doctrine of Sunk Costs, pp. 263-269
An important lesson in economics concerning when to abandon a lost cause.
- One-Sided Capital-Gains Tax, pp. 270-271
Inflation gives the illusion of capital gains; the tax is real.
- Education in America: 8. The Multiversity, pp. 272-279
The problems of size when education is bent to serve the collective.
- Activist Judges and the Rule of Law, pp. 280-283
"Government of laws and not of men" threatened by judicial activism.
- The Out-of-Bounds Dilemma, pp. 284-290
How is the citizenry to keep the policing agency itself within bounds?
- The Failing Dynamo, pp. 291-296
West German and British experiences Americans could well heed.
- Spend Now, Pay Later!, pp. 297-299
Tricks with money let us think we can consume more than we produce.
- The Rise and Fall of England: 15. Socialism in Power, pp. 300-309
Regulations and controls under Labor government following World War II.
- Progress, p. 310
Each individual is responsible for his own development.
- As Tocqueville Saw Us, pp. 311-316
Not a stultifying sameness, but freedom, should be man's ruling passion.
[+] Book Review (Review) , pp. 317-320
Essentials of Economics, by Faustino Ballve
- Essentials of Economics by Faustino Ballve