Collier's Weekly Archives
Collier's Weekly • 32 Years, 1,385 Issues, 24,514 Articles, 104,177pp
March 24, 1945 Issue - 21 Articles
- Keep Up with the World, pp. 6-7
- Wing Talk, pp. 8-10
- Flight to Freedom, pp. 11-13
Two hundred thousand victims of Nazi wrath trek on foot through the arctic winter to fi...
- G.I. Hamlet, p. 14
Maurice Evans brings Shakespeare to the soldiers undiluted---and they love it
- Elephants With Skirts, p. 15
The Short Short Story
- Liberation at Amiens, pp. 16-17
The RAF carries through one of the most extraordinary rescues in the history of modern war
- Go to Sleep, pp. 18-19
An operation is a great experience, but after all, it's the doctor's show!
- Hi! Sarge!, p. 20
If you were 4-I and your girl is a sergeant and a hero to boot, how would you like it
- The Farmers They Fly High, p. 21
In Oklahoma up-to-the-minute farmers have already taken to the ari---in their own planes
- Love Has No Alibi, pp. 22-23
The Serial Story, second of four parts
- England and the Boys, pp. 24-25
Report on a mission of the spirit, by the military vicar to our Armed Forces
- Jobs Out of the Air, pp. 26-29
Interviewing disabled veterans over the radio, I.J. Wagner of Chicago helps them to fin...
- The Heroes, A Gallery of United Nations Patriots, pp. 30-35
No. 22---L't. Col. N.L.W. van Straten
- Stamps at War, pp. 36-45
how the British government once turned forger and created a philatelic mystery!
- Gentleman's Town, pp. 46-56
A child's eyes often see beneath the surface gentility of adults to the cruel melodrama...
- The Girl on the Cover, p. 57
- Clothes by Chemists, pp. 58-65
Next---runless hose, goods that shed water and won't wrinkle and trousers that never lo...
- White Man's Burden, pp. 66-80
She hated dishonesty, especially in a man, but then she didn't know all the facts
- The Week's Work, p. 81
- Editorials, pp. 82-84
Casablanca---Teheran---Yalta; Back to Patent Fundamentals; Leave That Lettuce Lay, Lady