Collier's Weekly Archives
Collier's Weekly • 32 Years, 1,385 Issues, 24,514 Articles, 104,177pp
March 17, 1945 Issue - 21 Articles
- Keep Up with the World, pp. 6-7
- Wing Talk, pp. 8-10
- Love Has No Alibi, pp. 11-13
The Serial Story, first of four parts
- The First Hundred Years..., pp. 14-15
The United States Naval Academy rounds out a century of glorious service
- Wedding Down-River, p. 16
The Mississippi itself helps Zina decide on her final choice of a husband
- Warsaw Tragedy, p. 17
Actress Elna Gisted escaped the Nazi terror to tell how a great city died
- Night Life in the Sky, pp. 18-19
First girl correspondent to go on a combat mission over Germany describes what it's lik...
- The Sullivans of Sullivan's Hollow, pp. 20-21
A lusty mountain family still lives up to its fightin', feudin' frontier tradition
- Gertrude, p. 22
Mrs. Cugat's new dog offers lively proof that fidelity can be something more than a virtue
- Opportunity's Door Knocker, p. 23
New Haven's Frank Kenna gets a kick out of setting other men up in business
- We Lived to Tell, pp. 24-31
Conclusion. of the hundreds of Americans imprisoned in its fetid holds, only eighty-thr...
- High Guy, pp. 32-33
Even aside from his height, seven-foot Bob Kurland, All-America center, is a basketball...
- Pablo and the Gringos, pp. 34-40
The blond American lady seemed truly a dream goddess but dreams end in rude awakenings!
- The Furlough, pp. 41-49
But five days in which to recapture the essence of ten years of happy marriage!
- The Heroes, A Gallery of United Nations Patriots, pp. 50-60
No. 21---Sergeant Major Vousa
- Seven-Round K.O., pp. 61-72
A Navy TBM and a Jap Betty duel to the death---i.e., the Jap's death
- The Clock, pp. 73-80
The Short Short Story
- Your Life Tomorrow, pp. 81-84
- The Week's Work, p. 85
- Editorials, pp. 86-88
Those 60,000,000 Jobs; Make War Research Permanent; Must We Worship in Misery?