Collier's Weekly Archives
Collier's Weekly • 32 Years, 1,385 Issues, 24,514 Articles, 104,177pp
July 28, 1945 Issue - 19 Articles
- Keep Up with the World, pp. 6-7
- Wing Talk, pp. 8-10
- The Expendable Heart, pp. 11-13
The Serial Story, first of four parts
- Heroes Rising from the Sea, pp. 14-15
First of two parts. Brought to Attu by submarine, the U.S. Scouts launch the bitter att...
- Back from Somewhere, p. 16
It takes strength to buck small-town opinion, but two are stronger than one
- Revolution Down South, p. 17
Georgia's governor sounds the keynote of a South newly awakened to its economic and soc...
- Europe's Hangover, pp. 18-19
Chief of all postwar problems is the salvage of a wrecked humanity
- Blood in Buenos Aires, p. 20
Rampant fascism in Argentina---will it stand or fall?
- Golden Wedding, p. 21
A six-year-old boy cuts to the heart of a fifty-year-old romance
- Fool School, pp. 22-23
The Wegners of Chicago train staid citizens to become---clowns!
- Somebody for You, pp. 24-29
The Short Short Story
- The Heroes, A Gallery of United Nations Patriots, pp. 30-43
No. 40---Alberto Tarchiani
- Why Drown?, pp. 44-47
Let's take a lesson from lovely Esther Williams. A Swimming lesson!
- New Beginning, pp. 48-53
Love does go on, after death; but so too must life!
- No Tires Today, Brother!, pp. 54-62
The story on the national rubber situation brought up to date
- It's Up to You, pp. 63-72
In reality of course, he was a soldier returned to his wife, but in his mind he was sti...
- The Week's Work, p. 73
- Editorials, pp. 74-76
A U.S.-Russian War?; How to Help Veterans