Collier's Weekly Archives
Collier's Weekly • 32 Years, 1,385 Issues, 24,514 Articles, 104,177pp
January 27, 1945 Issue - 22 Articles
- Keep Up with the World, pp. 6-7
- Wing Talk, pp. 8-10
- The President and the Press, pp. 11-13
The first of two parts. Newspapers may be anti-Roosevelt, but most of their reporters a...
- Hitler's Final V Weapon, p. 14
The Nazis are carefully building a program for a guerrilla blitzkrieg
- Maiden With Butterflies, pp. 15-17
The Serial Story, first of three parts
- America's Greatest Naval Battle, p. 18
Conclusion. Composite report of the Second Battle of the Philippines
- Send Back Something, p. 19
A sour real-estate deal turns into a gift from Cupid, alias Goose Grease
- Do We Want National Health Insurance?, pp. 20-21
A tax-supported program of medical care for all would vastly improve our national health
- G.I. Knappenberger, pp. 22-23
A family of pacifists produces a modest and somewhat baffled hero
- Panther Girl, p. 24
Nancy Sienbour is the first girl to play on a boys' college basketball team
- The White Ants, p. 25
Truth and understanding come to replace fear in the heart of Africa
- Retreat, pp. 26-27
To one who has suffered there is no such thing as a "good" German
- The Bundle, pp. 28-33
The Short Short Story
- Explanation, Please, pp. 34-37
- Your Life Tomorrow, pp. 38-43
- My Brother Hasi, pp. 44-47
He was as indomitable as the glacier and no amount of stratagem could move him!
- Food Below Zero, pp. 48-51
A full-course dinner, cooked by the finest chefs---just thaw, heat and serve!
- The Heroes, A Gallery of United Nations Patriots, pp. 52-59
No. 14---Donald Owen Clarke
- Suiting the Ex-Soldier, pp. 60-72
$150 should coer the basic clothing needs of the returning G.I.
- The Week's Work, p. 73
- Editorial, pp. 74-76
Hold Him, Judge!