Collier's Weekly Archives
Collier's Weekly • 32 Years, 1,385 Issues, 24,514 Articles, 104,177pp
August 31, 1929 Issue - 21 Articles
- The Prince's Darling, pp. 5-7
Beginning a novel of court intrigue in an Old World setting but with up-to-date ideas
- Hired Hands Across the Sea, pp. 8-9
Showing how American business is taking root abroad. Also how European capital works in...
- Jantie Wants a Plumber, pp. 10-11
"What's in a name?" George Plummber found a whole lot in his, thanks to a golden-haired...
- A Nice Quiet Racket, p. 12
Mr. Lardner thinks you ought to know something about tennis, so here it is with some ve...
- Rough Passage, p. 13
A short short story
- In One Ear, p. 14
- Lessons Between the Acts, p. 15
How stage children learn their ABC's while they earn their keep
- Take Your Time!, pp. 16-17
An hilarious tale of a Hollywood hero's attempt at reprisal, to the tune of Jeannine, p...
- April Escapade, pp. 18-19
A romance in which a young girl agrees to a brief escapade, and then makes a most upset...
- One of the Best, pp. 20-21
A short story
- The Inventions of Professor Lucifer G. Butts, A.K., pp. 22-23
- Galloping Pete, pp. 24-25
We heartlessly leave honest Pete Pemberwick, budding realtor, to cope with his creditor...
- California---Here They Come!, pp. 26-27
- How to Know Tigers, pp. 28-29
It's no mild adventure stalking the tiger, the most dangerous of wild animals. This fam...
- Picked Out of the Air, pp. 30-35
- Gay Mr. Hoover, pp. 36-39
By The Gentleman at the Keyhole
- Colliergraphs, pp. 40-43
- High Gas and Dry Tanks, pp. 44-47
- How Would You Play It?, pp. 48-57
- Editorial, p. 58