Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
Collier's Weekly Archives
Collier's Weekly • 32 Years, 1,385 Issues, 24,514 Articles, 104,177pp
August 24, 1929 Issue - 20 Articles
- Catfish Wiggins Comes Through, pp. 5-7
Movie stars have their uses even in the hot-dog business, although they'd be surprised ...
- Please Pass the Gravy, pp. 8-9
Senator Borah contributes an admonitory foreward to this diverting article on the House...
- Alibi, pp. 10-11
"The best-laid plans," again and very cleverly laid, at that. Criminals are only human,...
- The Look of the Month, pp. 12-13
- The Siren of the Marsh, pp. 14-15
Sir Jasper Slane meets beauty and the beast in startling circumstances, and with an unf...
- Protection, pp. 16-17
High romance, indeed! A story of the crusades with an unmistakable villain, a breathles...
- Lank and Ernest, pp. 18-19
Can you imagine Ernest Toreence in musical comedy? Well, he was, and in very good ones ...
- April Escapade, pp. 20-23
A new novel by this popular author
- Click Work, pp. 24-25
- Soakem O'Riley, pp. 26-27
A short short story
- Housemaid's Knee, pp. 28-31
Why that girl departed last week, or yesterday; or tomorrow, for that matter. It's an i...
- Galloping Pepe, pp. 32-33
Part Three of a four-part story in which it's difficult to tell chicanery from business...
- The Magic Ingredient, pp. 34-35
- Nameographs, pp. 36-39
- The Tariff Trumpeter, pp. 40-41
By The Gentleman at the Keyhole
- Picked Out of the Air, pp. 42-43
- Vitamins in Margarines, pp. 44-45
- How Would You Play It?, pp. 46-57
- Editorial, pp. 58-60