Content Archive of Printed Periodicals and Books
California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
February 1977 Issue - 16 Articles
- Cranston: hesitant whip-cracker, pp. 40-41
Cautious and low-key, how will Alan Cranston respond to his new authority as U.S. Senat...
- Capsules, p. 42
- The Dow Chemical shootout, pp. 43-46
It was all or nothing in the showdown over Dow's proposed plant before Dow blew the ret...
- Brown's budget magic, pp. 47-48
A record-breaking budget with money to solve Serrano and property tax relief - all with...
- Applying the determinate-sentence law, pp. 49-50
Is the act "the great California prison break?" It's up to ex-Senator Howard Way to kee...
- The uncertain juvenile-justice reform, pp. 51-52
San Quentin and Nirvana - who knows the consequences of the new juvenile-justice law?
- Health's embattled director, pp. 53-55
Dr. Jerome Lackner, head of the health department, has a lot of skills, but administrat...
- Caucus by Hugo, p. 56
- The Legislature's Asian non-caucus, pp. 57-58
Three Asian-American lawmakers, three sets of goals and no concerted caucus.
- 1976 presidential campaign - the blahs, pp. 59-60
- Today's staffer, tomorrow's legislator, pp. 61-62
- State-of-the-state text and..., p. 63
- ... a Republican leader's answer, pp. 64-65
- Political double cross, p. 66
- Letter, p. 67
- 1977 Roster and Guide
As state government plays an increasingly large role in our lives, the California Journ...