California Journal Archives
California Journal • 36 Years, 418 Issues, 5,771 Articles, 18,310pp
January 1973 Issue - 16 Articles
- Assembly to Develop Its Own Prototype Steam-Powered Cars to Reduce Air Pollution, pp. 4-5
Impatient with industry efforts to meet new auto emission standards, the lower house is...
- New Population Figures Raise State's Share of Federal Revenue, p. 6
- Governor's "Legacy" Task Forces Seek Ways to Strengthen Local Government Increase Public Safety Cut Taxes, pp. 7-10
Three high-level task forces are at work developing plans for administrative and legisl...
- Delta Water Controversy Continues to Stall the Peripheral Canal, Last Major Link in Water Project, pp. 11-14
The fight between water developers and local interests over water quality standards for...
- Regional Government: Its Structure, Function and Finance, pp. 15-17
The basic decisions to be made if and when California's metropolitan areas are to get r...
- State and Regional Coastline Commissioners Appointed, pp. 18-21
- Legislators Use Large-Scale Mailing Programs to Proclaim Their Accomplishments and Solicit Voters' Opinions, pp. 22-23
Constituents must be kept informed on vital state issues and actions, say the legislato...
- Field Poll Identifies Major November Voting Patterns, p. 24
- Final Summary of the 1972 Legislative Session, pp. 25-29
- Newsbriefs, pp. 30-31
- Supreme Court Decisions, p. 32
- California Calendar, p. 33
- People in the News, p. 34
- State Government Reports, p. 35
- Voting Record, pp. 36-38
- Letter from Washington, pp. 39-40