The American Spectator Archives
The American Spectator • 35 Years, 347 Issues, 7,965 Articles, 21,115pp
November 1978 Issue - 18 Articles
- The Continuing Crisis, pp. 2-3
- Editorial, p. 4
Jimmy: Midway in the Revels
- New York Jew: A Tale Distorted, pp. 5-7
In the third volume of his autobiography, Alfred Kazin grotesquely misrepresents the ch...
- The Soviets' African Waltz, pp. 8-10
A knack for imaginative and effective leadership is what the Soviets prize most in thei...
- Fingering the Feds, pp. 11-12
While DEA agents spend most of their time undercover - buying drugs, "flipping" dealers...
- Even Connell the Ironist, pp. 13-15
Novelist Evan Connell has yet to be accorded the renown of some of his contemporaries; ...
- Carter and Congress: The No Deal Coalition, pp. 16-19
Recent "reforms" of the presidential nominating process have divorced Democratic presid...
- Capitol Ideas, pp. 20-21
Stoolies;Art Moderne;Bond: Senator for the 60s
- Aspen: The New Rome, pp. 22-23
- The Talkies, p. 24
Who'll Stop the Rain and Days of Heaven
- The Great American Saloon Series, pp. 25-26
Fraunces' Tavern and the Spirits of '76
- The Nation's Pulse, p. 27
[+] Politics and Markets (Review) , pp. 28-30
Politics and Markets, by Charles E. Lindblom
- Politics and Markets by Charles E. Lindblom
[+] The Coldest Winter in Peking (2 Reviews) , pp. 31-32
The Execution of Mayor Yin, and Other Stories from the Great Proletarian Cultural Revol...
- The Execution of Mayor Yin, and Other Stories from the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution by Chen Jo-Hsi
- The Coldest Winter in Peking by Chih-Yen Hsia
[+] Stalinism: Essays in Historical Interpretation (Review) , pp. 33-35
Stalinism, by Robert C. Tucker
- Stalinism by Robert C. Tucker
[+] Two Cheers For Capitalism (Review) , pp. 36-37
Two Cheers for Capitalism, by Irving Kristol
- Two Cheers for Capitalism by Irving Kristol
- Spectator's Journal, pp. 38-40
A new feature containing short items of interest to our editors and, we hope, to our re...
- Current Wisdom, pp. 41-44