The American Enterprise Archives
The American Enterprise • 10 Years, 68 Issues, 2,217 Articles, 5,684pp
March 1998 Issue - 30 Articles
- Bird's Eye, pp. 4-7
Heroes in the Central Time Zone.
- Sidelights, pp. 8-9
Lawyers from Hell. Day Care's Non-Crisis. Tax Cuts Close the Gender Gap.
- Scan: Short News and Commentary, pp. 10-17
Robert Duvall Gets Religion with Bill and Hillary. Wake up Capitol Hill. Gold-Plated To...
- "Live" with TAE, pp. 18-21
The Past and Future of Nashville Music.
- Norman Rockwell - Great American Artist?, pp. 22-27
A Leading Art Historian Argues That America's Most Popular Artist Was Also an Extraordi...
- Why the Elite Media Don't Understand America, pp. 28-33
While Americans Surge South and West, Today's In-Bred Media Elites Barely See beyond th...
- Nashville Rides a Wave, pp. 34-39
Most Places Would Be Happy to Have Nashville's Problem: How to Keep the City Booming an...
- Why Do Boom Towns Boom?, pp. 40-43
Step Inside the Mind of an Entrepreneur and Tour a Place Where the People Are Ambitious...
- A Tennessee Political Ramble, pp. 44-47
Where a Yankee Mayor, a Dial-Up Governor, and Al Gore the Strip-Miner Meet.
- The Land of Hip Religion, pp. 48-51
A Visit to the White-Hot Heart of the "Christian Alternative Universe."
- The Battle for Country Music's Soul, pp. 52-59
Will a "New" Country Music Lose Its Soul or Gain the World?
- Back to Basics, pp. 60-63
Nashville Has Re-Oriented Its Schools to Pursue Ends No Longer Fashionable in Public Ed...
- Welfare Reform Showcase, pp. 64-67
Public Assistance Rolls Are Shrinking at One of The Fastest Rates in the Nation, Thanks...
- Car Town, pp. 68-71
Fifteen Years Ago, Tennessee Had No Auto Industry. Today It's the Third Largest Vehicle...
- Transcript: Words Worth Repeating, pp. 72-73
The Glory of the Ordinary Life.
In Real Life: First-Person America
- The Joy of Hockey., p. 74
- Having an Eighth Child Turns His Family into Celebrities., p. 74
- The Remorseless Mr. Boone., p. 75
- The Economist, pp. 76-77
The Latest Answer to Income Inequality: $80,000 to Every 21-Year-Old.
- Flashback, pp. 78-79
Nashville's Colorful History, from Andy Jackson to Cornelius Vanderbilt.
[+] The Proligate and the Puritan (2 Reviews) , p. 80
Daniel Webster: The Man and His Time, by Robert V. Remini
- Daniel Webster: The Man and His Time by Robert V. Remini
- John Quincy Adams: A Public Life, A Private Life by Paul C. Nagel
[+] Architects Behaving Badly (Review) , p. 81
Shaping a Nation, by Carter Wiseman
- Shaping a Nation by Carter Wiseman
[+] Were our Founders Hypocrites? (Review) , p. 82
Vindicating the Founders, by Thomas G. West
- Vindicating the Founders by Thomas G. West
[+] The Clausewitz of the Culture Wars (Review) , p. 83
Literature Lost, by John M. Ellis
- Literature Lost by John M. Ellis
[+] A Long Path to Localism (Review) , pp. 84-85
Downsizing the U.S.A, by Thomas H. Naylor and William H. Willimon
- Downsizing the U.S.A by Thomas H. Naylor and William H. Willimon
- The Digest: Summaries of Important Research, pp. 86-90
How to Fire a Bureaucrat...Tobacco Hoax ...Free Trade in Kansas City... America: Pro-Ch...
- Opinion Pulse: The Latest Survey Data, pp. 91-94
Southern Peculiarities. Health Care Update. IRS Popularity Polls.
- The Mail, p. 95
Debating Reagan's Tax Cuts - and Hikes. Rand vs. Rothbard. Socialism by a Thousand Cuts.
- Last Gasp, pp. 96-98
- Cover photograph