My unpopular opinion is that it's a good thing for the nation's leaders to go on national television and offer their competing arguments.
How is this a waste of airtime? Have you seen what they show the rest of the time?
— Binyamin Appelbaum (@BCAppelbaum) January 9, 2019
We keep getting told that Trump is a harbinger of Fascism, but, in reality, the Trump Era is Peak Democracy:
– The public is now fascinated by politics
– The midterms saw huge turnout
– Newspapers, improbably, are prospering, because Trump Sells
– Trump’s enemies, such as Jeff Bezos (owner of the Washington Post), are thriving beyond the dreams of Croesus
– Saturday Night Live dares to make fun of the President for the first time since 1/19/2009