While last week’s New Zealand massacre continues to dominate headlines, the New York Times has not yet fully memoryholed yesterday’s attempt by an African immigrant to burn alive 50 children in Italy to protest limits on African immigration. From today’s Times:
Call to Speed Italian Citizenship for Boy Who Made SOS Call
By The Associated Press
March 21, 2019
MILAN — The leader of Italy’s 5-Star Movement says the country should grant citizenship to a 13-year-old Egyptian boy hailed as a hero for alerting police that he and his middle school classmates had been abducted by their bus driver.
Luigi Di Maio said Thursday that Ramy Shehata “put his life at risk to save that of his classmates,” and that he would ask Italy’s premier to confer citizenship for special merit. …