From NJ.com (first 15 seconds are the best, language NSFW):
From NBC News:
by MIGUEL ALMAGUER, ALEX JOHNSON, TOM WINTER, RICHARD ESPOSITO and JONATHAN DIENST
ELIZABETH, N.J. — A device exploded early Monday as a bomb squad robot examined a suspicious package that appeared to contain pipe bombs near an Elizabeth transit station, Mayor Chris Bollwage said.
A spokesman for Bollwage earlier said the explosion was a controlled detonation, but at a news briefing a few minutes later, Bollwage said the robot was “cutting into the device when it exploded.”
“This was an explosive device” containing as many as five devices, he said. “Based on the loudness, I think people could have been severely hurt or injured if they had been in the vicinity.”
– Device explodes in Elizabeth, N.J.
– Five questioned after “vehicle of interest” stopped in New York
– Surveillance video may show the same man at both New York locations where devices were found
– Governor orders 1,000 state troopers and National Guard soldiers to New York City
– Authorities investigating 911 call claiming responsibility
– Officials looking to identify suspects from surveillance video
– Both NYC “bomb” and explosive device in New Jersey used flip-phones
Also, there was an earlier bomb that went off in New Jersey at what had been scheduled to be a 5k run in honor of the Marine Corps. Nobody was hurt.
So, we’re now up to bombs being planted in at least four locations, two in New Jersey, two in New York City. One in NYC went off injuring 29, two in New Jersey went off without hurting anybody (I hope), and one was discovered in NYC before it went off.