The Unz Review - Mobile
A Collection of Interesting, Important, and Controversial Perspectives Largely Excluded from the American Mainstream Media
Show by  
Email This Page to Someone

Remember My Information

=>
 BlogviewPeter Lee Archive
/
2016 Election

Bookmark Toggle AllToCAdd to LibraryRemove from Library • BShow CommentNext New CommentNext New Reply
shutterstock_513636580
In my opinion, all political campaigns are identity based. Shaking the money tree to the tune of $1 billion + it now takes to run a national campaign demands access to big money, deference to capital, and a willingness to promote political loyalties on the basis of identity, not class. George Soros is not going... Read More
At a concert in California, Kanye West told the crowd that "he hadn't voted...but if he had he would have voted for Trump." West is a media provocateur and his utterances are primarily a useful indicator of what is most likely to push people's buttons. But he's not the only outlier. The anti-Trump forces have... Read More
In my opinion, the most revealing American political event in the last decade was the Democratic Party’s embrace of Hamilton, Not Just The Musical, and in the process doing a 180 away from Jeffersonian populism. Hamilton: An American Musical 's identity as a liberal touchstone in these troubled times was affirmed when the audience boo’d... Read More
JStone / Shutterstock.com
…But It’s Really Racism
I find the spectacle of liberals heroically mounting the barricades against Trump-fascism rather amusing. For one thing, liberals don’t crush fascism. Liberals appease fascism, then they exploit fascism. In between there’s a great big war, where communists crush fascism. That’s pretty much the lesson of WWII. Second thing is, Trump isn’t fascist. In my opinion,... Read More
Opportunistic foreign intervention into domestic democratic processes: it happens. I’m reading Sterling Seagrave’s epic account of the Philippines under Marcos,The Marcos Dynasty, and just happen to be at the part where Edward Lansdale and the CIA are painstakingly molding Ramon Magsaysay into the magnificent vessel that will contain American aspirations in the Philippines. Lansdale did... Read More
Joseph Sohm / Shutterstock.com
I recommend Sandernistas read Joy Reid’s Fracture for an understanding of some of the passion and vitriol pervading the Democratic primaries. Based on long and disapproving observation of Hillary Clinton’s policies as Secretary of State, I am not a fan. She relies on the lazy conflation of political advantage with national interest, and confounds frontrunning... Read More
Just to cheer everybody up: Thereafter, would that I were not among the men of the fifth generation, but either had died before or been born afterwards. For now truly is a race of iron, and men never rest from labour and sorrow by day, and from perishing by night; and the gods shall lay... Read More
No Items Found
PastClassics
The “war hero” candidate buried information about POWs left behind in Vietnam.
What Was John McCain's True Wartime Record in Vietnam?
The evidence is clear — but often ignored
Are elite university admissions based on meritocracy and diversity as claimed?
A simple remedy for income stagnation