Timeline of The Rybka Affair:
1. Nastya Rybka (real name: Anastasia Vashukevich, from Belarus; watch her “videos” here), an escort girl who does political inverse-FEMEN “performances” (e.g. a naked protest in support of Harvey Weinstein) under the leadership of “sex trainer” Alex Lesley (real name: Alexander Kirillov, a Belorussian fraudster turned PUA-for-girls guru), did one of their typical viral video stunt at Navalny’s HQ.
2. Navalny & Co. decided to track her down out of curiosity.
3. They discovered that she had published a book in which she described – concealed under fake but obvious identities – cavorting with six other girls with Oleg Deripaska, a Yeltsin-clique oligarch who is well known for his US visa problems and being owed $17 million by Paul Manafort. Also present on board was Sergey Prikhodko, a Deputy PM of Russia and a rumored “gray cardinal” of Russian foreign policy. Although it’s nice to think otherwise, Prikhodko did not participate in any orgies; his meetings with Deripaska were business-like, and Deripaska even seemed to be afraid of Prikhodko, deferring to him and calling him “Papa,” which is very normal and not weird at all.
4. Photos and videos of this deep state tryst were soon found on her Instagram, as well as other evidence (e.g. geolocationary), which confirmed the identities of the two men, and which Navalny packaged into a video.
The funny thing is she wasn’t even a spy as such, just someone in it for the sex, money, and publicity.
As Oleg and Papa discussed high affairs of state, the Belorussian wench – entirely oblivious to political import – was texting Lesley for further seduction advice. All the security a Russian oligarch’s billions can buy!
5. You might think it would be in neither man’s interest to draw attention to an event which:
- Formally qualifies as corruption (though to be fair nobody in Russia would care about something so minor as a top bureaucrat getting entertained by a billionaire on his luxury yacht);
- Draw even more attention to what can easily be construed as a direct link in the chain from Trump’s campaign to the Russian government.
But apparently ignorant of the Streisand effect, Prihodko proclaimed his desire to deal with Navalny “man to man,” while Deripaska went even further, preparing a lawsuit for violation of privacy against Rybka and Lesley, and got a pocket court in a small town he as good as owns to demand that Instagram and YouTube remove the offending material by February 14.
6. While Instagram caved, YouTube hasn’t taken down anything, and there is no evidence to date that it is going to get blocked. I suppose Russia is not yet such a joke country as to block YouTube on the whims of a single embarrassed oligarch.
However, Navalny’s website is apparently beginning to get blocked, with not even a court order for formality’s sake.
7. To put the final incarnadine cherry on the cream and meringue pie, it has just emerged that Lesley-Kirillov had a profile on the website of Dmitry Medvedev’s flagship “innovation center” Skolkovo, where this Belorussian fraudster turned gigolo was described as having the following credentials:
Director of science, ideologist, project investor. Patents in the USA, China, Russia. More than ten publications in English-language scientific periodicals (including the Springer Publishing House) on the project’s subject. Participant and speaker at the International Congresses in Harbin, Shenzhen, Hong Kong (twice), Venice, Israel, Detroit (USA, SAE), Milan. Supported by grants from DARPA and NASA. On the recommendation of American scientists, he led the structural session at 8WCEAM & 3rd ICUMAS, World Congress in Hong Kong with “Sessiom Title: PHM Cloud Claster and On-Board Recognotion Automata as Bases for Sel-Maintenance and Self-recovery Engineering” [AK: italics written as-is in English]. Author and developer of Artificial Intelligence systems with increasing K-complexity. Contacts: NASA, DARPA, Rafael, Boeing laboratory in the UK and numerous research centers at universities in the US, China, Western Europe.
I trust this needs no further comment.
It has long been obvious, even before Medvedev departed the Presidency, that the only “innovation” happening in Skolkovo pertains to stealing government money.
Meanwhile, Russia has the scientific output of Belgium and accounts for less than 0.1% of the world’s AI startups.