I was mostly traveling the past ten days, including another stay in Saint-Petersburg (where I made a speech on IQ & Dysgenics and attended a national conference, as well as participated in a couple of Russian podcasts), as well as Tver and Torzhok.
Regular posting will resume imminently.
More notable posts since the last Open Thread in case you missed any of them.
- Arpad Virag: Eastern Europe pt. 2
- Michael Johnson: Neural Annealing: Toward a Neural Theory of Everything
- Mencius Moldbugman: Human Capital: A Horror Story
- Benjamin Bidder: Questions Cloud Story Behind U.S. Sanctions
- *tropical hyperborea* Haaretz: Climate Change Could Make Russia Great Again
- Reuters: Russian parliament backs law to label individuals foreign agents
- Clint Watts: Russia’s Media Mentions of 2020 Democratic Candidates
- Paul Robinson: Book Review: Soviet Russians under Nazi Occupation
- Vestige (Twitter thread): “Very long but very worthwhile report regarding the values and beliefs of Russia’s future foreign policy elite.”
- Artyom Lukin: “Studying Asia is becoming a predominantly female domain in Russia. At my university in Vladivostok, nearly 90% of undergraduates majoring in China, Japan, Korea studies are girls. At schools in Moscow, the gender ratio is similar. Is it the same in Europe and US?…“
- RT: Russia & China complete their first cross-border mega highway bridge
- Bryan McDonald: “Vladimir Putin & Xi Jinping, will jointly open the 4,000km “Power of Siberia” gas pipeline on December 2nd.“
- Trump signs bills backing Hong Kong protesters into law, in spite of Beijing’s objections
- ADL Global Survey of 18 Countries Finds Hardcore Anti-Semitic Attitudes Remain Pervasive
- Biohack Info: The most dangerous list in gene editing
- Emil Kirkegaard: Race Differences: A Very Brief Review
- Kirkegaard, Emil O. W. 2019. “Race Differences: A Very Brief Review.” The Mankind Quarterly 60 (2): 142–73.
- PyotrNemets: “Spengler’s endorsement of Cold Winter Theory.“
- Inductivist: How much dumber are big families?
- Science Alert: Physicists Claim They’ve Found Even More Evidence of a New Force of Nature
- g-loaded: New survey of the experts of intelligence research
- Antonio, Margaret L., Ziyue Gao, Hannah M. Moots, Michaela Lucci, Francesca Candilio, Susanna Sawyer, Victoria Oberreiter, et al. 2019. “Ancient Rome: A Genetic Crossroads of Europe and the Mediterranean.” Science 366 (6466): 708–14.
- Herbalis: “I’m making a thread of good pubs in London. It’s not in any particular order and I’ll be adding to it sporadically.“
- Frith, Emily, Daniel Elbich, Alexander P. Christensen, Monica D. Rosenberg, Qunlin Chen, Paul Silvia, Paul Seli, and Roger Beaty. 2019. “Intelligence and Creativity Share a Common Cognitive and Neural Basis.”
- Platt, Jonathan M., Katherine M. Keyes, Katie A. McLaughlin, and Alan S. Kaufman. 2019. “The Flynn Effect for Fluid IQ May Not Generalize to All Ages or Ability Levels: A Population-Based Study of 10,000 US Adolescents.” Intelligence 77 (November): 101385.
- David A. Sinclair and Matthew D. LaPlante: We May Not Have to Age So Fast
- Guillaume Durocher: Fincel Rebellion: Some Career Advice for Young Men
- *LOL* “Author of Russia and the Western Far Right” Anton Shekhovtsov was a Duginist in his youth.
- Edweek: “The Seattle school district is planning to infuse all K-12 math classes with ethnic-studies questions that encourage students to explore how math has been “appropriated” by Western culture and used in systems of power and oppression.“
- ANTI-White People Aktion:
- “Declare a state of war with Russia. Turn ICE against the fascists. Arrest anyone who refuses orders.“
- “You can either go to war against Russia and conduct mass arrests and repression against the US fascist movement under wartime measures or wait until they do it to you.“
- Thorne Melcher: “The atom bomb is a paper tiger which the Russian reactionaries use to scare people. It looks terrible, but in fact it isn’t. Of course, the atom bomb is a weapon of mass slaughter, but the outcome of a war is decided by the people…“
- Дупа Джуліані #NotOurTsar: “Ukraine has a working domestic violence law, combat posts in the East open for women, a Muslim woman Eurovision winner, annual LGBT+ marches in multiple cities etc. Russia has none of that, so indeed, why shouldn’t Tucker Carlson (and, by extension, Donald Trump) root for Russia?“
- Tom Nichols: “Indian food is terrible and we pretend it isn’t.”
- Russophobe ideologue and Never Trumper neocon has worthless opinions across the board. What a surprise.