So, updates, updates.
Our ROGPR podcast has been “acquired” by Sputnik & Pogrom. They are mainly interested in the videos produced by our main host Kirill Nesterov, which you can now follow at:
- https://sputnikipogrom.com/go/rog/ [includes transcripts]
Only available in Russian, unfortunately.
Apart from having my phone stolen, I also tried out the phall curry at Aladin Brick Lane – a somewhat more pleasant form of cultural enrichment, if one that I am not eager to repeat anytime soon. However, that’s one thing ticked off on my bucket list, and that is the important thing.
I am going to Portugal
Will be spending a few days in Faro, a few in Lisbon. Let me know what to visit, what to do, suggest meetups, etc.
Posting will be light, since (1) I don’t have a laptop – but feel free to help change that: http://akarlin.com/donations , but also (2) I want to relax, since I haven’t had a proper holiday in years.
I have another Kholmogorov translation [see archive] in reserve that I’ll post in a couple of days.
* W.D. Hill et al. (2018) – A combined analysis of genetically correlated traits identifies 187 loci and a role for neurogenesis and myelination in intelligence. James Thompson’s post.
* Count Dankula has been convicted of hate speech in the UK for getting his dog to do a Nazi salute on camera to wind up his girlfriend – and the guy’s a commie, LOL.
* Steve: Brazilian Fertility Clinics Look to American White Guys. Let bleaching commence.
* Nadiya Savchenko arrested in the Ukraine on terrorism charges, which even many Maidanists think are politically motivated (she became a big critic of Poroshenko & Co. after getting released from Russia). At least campaigning for her will be easy since you could just reuse the old memes.
* Excellent trad architecture thread via Wrath of Gnon:
It is time for a thread on traditional urbanism, or town planning 13th century style. I will dispel some myths of modern dis-urbanism. pic.twitter.com/wUbkEuGy9a
— Wrath Of Gnon (@wrathofgnon) July 7, 2017
* Turks have finished up with Afrin rather quickly and successfully. Syria’s partitioning proceeds.
* Audacious Epigone:
- Gen Z: Molon Labe. Fascinating – and encouraging – that it is American youngsters who are the strongest on gun rights.
- Homelands. American Jews – at least those who identify as Jews in religion – are more ethnocentric [loyal to their homeland, in their case, Israel] than the Chinese, Japanese, English/Welsh, Canadians, and Russians.
- The day the Trump presidency died. Sad.
- Support for free speech among young college graduates has plummeted over last several decades. Would be interesting to see trends for just whites. Maybe somebody could dig into the GSS?
* Support for gun restrictions is rapidly declining.
* Alexander Mercouris: America First? Enter the über-hawks: Pompeo and Bolton
* Matt Forney is going to be covering the Hungarian elections.
* Also check out this unhinged Hungarian SJW (h/t reiner Tor)
* Ann Coulter names the globalist:
Israel must be defended as last redoubt of the Globalists.
— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter) March 9, 2018
* Pan, Jennifer & Xu (2018) – China’s Ideological Spectrum
David Shor: “Ideological belief in China is strongly one dimensional, but economic conservatism is heavily correlated with social liberalism. There are basically no people with beliefs we’d associate with a western center-left party.” Same in Russia.
* Artem Zagorodnov: Why I’m Voting for Putin.
* Paul Robinson reviews two new books on the War in Donbass.
* Leonid Bershidsky: Escalation With Russia Just Became More Likely. Yep. EU stands with Britain on Skripal, and Bolton appointed in the US.
* Sputnik & Pogrom check how many of his 2012 promises Putin fulfilled as President [in Russian]. Answer: 22/65.
* NBF: Beijing city offer US$158K for top AI and biotech talent as Google software engineers make $200-600+K. [Yes, there's a reason this is in the Russia section]
* Election results at my polling station:
Results at my polling station: Turnout = 61.8%, Putin = 73.5%, Grudinin = 12.1%, Zhirik = 3.6%, Sobchak = 2.9%, Yavlinsky = 3.3%. pic.twitter.com/IQc8lDc3HK
— ak (@akarlin88) March 22, 2018
* Grudinin shaves his mustache after all.
Second major Russian media outlet makes a moral stand and declares a media boycott against Duma’s senior member Leonid Slutsky after the parliament’s “ethics” committee completely exonerated him and berated the reporters who filed harassment charges for “waging info war”. https://t.co/HFnbZ0MXiu
— Alexey Kovalev (@Alexey__Kovalev) March 21, 2018
* AP on Polish/Ukrainian/Russian languages:
Science & Culture
* NBF: Uber’s technically inferior self-driving system kills an Arizona Pedestrian. Google looks impressively dominant in this sphere.
In 2016, the reported miles before intervention in California were:
Google: 5,127.9 miles (635,868 miles driven, 124 disengagements)
BMW: 638 miles (638 miles driven, 1 disengagements)
Nissan: 263.3 miles (6,056 miles driven, 23 disengagements)
Ford: 196.6 miles (590 miles driven, 3 disengagements)
General Motors: 54.7 miles (8,156 miles driven, 149 disengagements)
Delphi Automotive Systems: 14.9 miles (2,657.7 miles driven, 178 disengagements)
Tesla: 2.9 miles (550 miles, 185 disengagements)
Mercedes-Benz: 2 miles (673 miles, 336 disengagements)
Bosch: 0.68 miles (983 miles driven, 1,448 disengagements)
Uber: 0.67 miles
* NBF: Interstellar race for the Universe. On Anders Sandberg’s most recent article.
* Rindermann, H. & Carl, N. (2018) – Human rights: Why countries differ.
* James Thompson:
@akarlin88 in PING dataset, using the simple genetic interpretation of the results, we found 100% heritability of the gap in the USA, which one can then infer ~67% for the USA White vs. SSA African gap from. In other words, about 10 IQ in environmental deficits in Africa. pic.twitter.com/GkChNcxtsz
— Emil O W Kirkegaard (@KirkegaardEmil) March 20, 2018
Also congrats to Kirkegaard for getting “recognized” by the SPLC.
* All disk galaxies rotate once every billion years. Our simulators are lazy.
* NBF: Lab Grown Meat will be served in restaurants by the end of 2018 and it will be healthier. I suspect killing animals for meat might be the next great ethical revolution (c.2050).
* New Scientist: Every human culture includes cooking – this is how it began
* Steve on B/W qualification gap in law schools:
Why is white-black qualification gap especially huge in law schools? On academic index (LSAT + undergrad GPA), race gap in law schools is not usual 1 but 2 standard deviations. Median white law student around 97th percentile black.https://t.co/H8GzurDgE8
E.g., Michigan: pic.twitter.com/eRnjk45Jq6
— Steve Sailer (@Steve_Sailer) March 16, 2018
* Gerald of Rivia vs. Henry of Skalitz
* Commenter Thorfinnsson is an endless source of extremely powerful (in a non-ironic sense) takes.
* Some blogger: “His site is a “collective” of writers he says, but in looking at them only a few are named and one of them, Anatoly Karlin, is a straight out conspiracy Nazi connected apparatchik for Putin.”
* My very powerful take on Georgian cuisine:
* Clone experiments:
* I came 3rd/58 people in predicting the results of the Russian elections at Alexander Kireev’s blog.
* Russia’s /pol/ acknowledges my power.