◄►Bookmark◄❌►▲ ▼Toggle AllToCAdd to LibraryRemove from Library • BShow CommentNext New CommentNext New Reply
* Reports just coming in that there has been a terrorist attack in Manchester.
16% of the population are Muslims. Not as vibrant as Luton or Birmingham yet, but it’s getting there.
* New podcast with Robert Stark about automation and basic income.
Also, if you understand Russian, a reminder that I participate in a weekly Russian language podcast ROGPR. We are on our 14th episode as of this week.
* Vincent Law: Who Are Russia’s Black Hundreds?
This is a good article.
Of course it happened in Florida. And of course the perpetrator is a ginger. The perfect memetic trifecta.
They’ve learned the Davosi dialect well, I’ll give them that.
Anyhow, about Saudi Arabia: On the grand list of things to fault in Trump, continuing the bipartisan American tradition of cosying up to the House of Saud is one of the smallest and most irrelevant ones.
They basically subsidize the American military-industrial complex to the tune of several billions of dollars a year (I am pretty convinced the massive price gouging they tolerate is done on purpose and is a sort of bribe).
Frankly for that sort of money I think just about everyone would agree to say some bad things about Iran, turn a blind eye to Yemen, and worship a glowing orb for a day.
* I am not usually one for conspiracy theories, but the Seth Rich affair is very suspicious.
* Daniel Chieh’s comment on servitude in traditional China.
* About Ukraine’s banning of VK.com, Yandex, and basically half its Internet – will have separate post on that.
Meanwhile, the US is still rehashing the same old Bell Curve debates, each one more farcical than the last.
Even as society lags, science continues to move forwards: James Thompson – IQ Brain Map. In the long run, Gnon always wins.
* Sinotriumph #2: The evolution of metros in China 1990-2020 (Peter Dovak).